Here are 5 benefits that construction companies can realize by implementing eLearning as part of their overall employee training program:
1. Convenience – construction industry employers like to take advantage of down time in their project schedules in order to provide training for their employees. When using standard brick and mortar training resources, employers need to schedule employees to go to a site to be trained. By using eLearning resources, construction firms can implement training on the fly to take advantage of downtime on sites as a result of job delays such as inclement weather conditions.
2. Save Money – the cost for sending employees off site for training is much higher when compared to eLearning. The costs of training off site include travel, fuel, parking as well as airfare, hotels and per diem when the travel to the training site involves overnight stays. eLearning limits the costs of training by eliminating these associated costs.
3. Self-Paced for Employees – all employees learn at a different pace. Some employees learn content faster than others. And some go to a deeper level of understanding than other employees do. The use of eLearning technology allows employees to learn at a pace that more closely matches their learning styles instead of having to adopt the same pace as a larger group class.
4. Increased Retention – the saying goes “learning occurs at output.” People learn best when they can implement the knowledge that they have learned immediately into their day-to-day activities. By giving access to the knowledge they need when the need it, they can immediately implement what they have learned, which helps them increase their retention.
5. Simultaneous Delivery – many construction businesses operate with multiple locations and multiple construction sites. This provides a unique challenge for training managers who must deliver training to multiple sites. The use of eLearning resources allows construction trainers to provide training simultaneously across multiple sites. This is especially effective when dealing with compliance training.